Common problems experienced postnatally include:
Your Postnatal MOT will include:
- Pelvic and Lower back pain
- Upper back and Neck pain
- Diastasis Recti (Abdominal separation)
- Pelvis, SIJ and Lumbar spine assessment
- Rectus Abdominus Diastasis (abdominal separation) assessment
- Return to sport assessment
- Scar assessment
Treatment may include an individualised exercise program including abdominal and core strengthening, treatment of any musculoskeletal issues found, scar tissue management and advice on return to sport, posture and ergonomics.
Ideally a Postnatal MOT should be performed from 6 weeks postnatally (after you have had your GP check-up), but even if your pregnancy was years ago, it’s never too late!